Fordmods Logo

Importing heads from the US, freight cost? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: frieght
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sorry guys it was $700.00 us, i have no idea why you guys are getting charged so much. I remember getting in a kit of stuff and weighed around a good 20kgs and FEDEX was was cheap as. I'll go through my paper work and get exact figures

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: Re: frieght
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Sorry guys it was $700.00 us, i have no idea why you guys are getting charged so much. I remember getting in a kit of stuff and weighed around a good 20kgs and FEDEX was was cheap as. I'll go through my paper work and get exact figures

Thanks, I hope you can find it for me.

The webpage quotes 75lb (34kg), but I am unsure if that is for a pair of assembled or bear heads.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Approx $180 for 40Lb I use USPS too. Takes 5 to 6 days...They email you with tracking number so you can follow its journey...
USPS Tracking webpage
Btw those heads are still made in New Zealand.They where bought out by Comp Cams and sold under R.H.S racing head service's...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
Btw those heads are still made in New Zealand.They where bought out by Comp Cams and sold under R.H.S racing head service's...

I spotted that R.H.S was selling the Pro Topline heads, if you look closely at the picture on R.H.S the heads still say Pro Topline on one corner, I just thought it was old stock.

But how do I get those heads for less than I can import them from Livernois Motorsports.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Post subject: frieght
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey Macca, unfortunatly i havent found the invoicing so i carnt help to much.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hey what happened to Damage ????

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
Hey what happened to Damage ????

He Damage_no_more, now Macca, everyone else calls me that, Damage came from working at Randwick Bus Depot, that is coming up 13yrs ago, so it is old school.

Post subject: Re: Importing heads from the US, freight cost?
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

Macca wrote:
Has anyone recently imported heads from the states?

I was rough quoted $585 US to import some alloy heads weighing about 35kg (This may not be correct) http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/pro ... 69&large=1

Anyway a mate recommended me to send them to a freight company he knows in California, but the wait can be up to 3 months before they get here, any ideas of a quicker and cheap way of freighting them direct, just three months is a long time to find out something has gone wrong.
surface mail is slow,but cheap.i bought a cannon printer from florida -new ip3000 :lol: :lol: :lol: cost $30usd, took about 3-4 months,weighs about 9-10kgs,delivered to the door. :wink: :wink: :wink:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Post subject: Re: Importing heads from the US, freight cost?
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
Macca wrote:
Has anyone recently imported heads from the states?

I was rough quoted $585 US to import some alloy heads weighing about 35kg (This may not be correct) http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/pro ... 69&large=1

Anyway a mate recommended me to send them to a freight company he knows in California, but the wait can be up to 3 months before they get here, any ideas of a quicker and cheap way of freighting them direct, just three months is a long time to find out something has gone wrong.
surface mail is slow,but cheap.i bought a cannon printer from florida -new ip3000 :lol: :lol: :lol: cost $30usd, took about 3-4 months,weighs about 9-10kgs,delivered to the door. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Well my guess is one week for delivery to California, up to three weeks waiting at California (could be lucky enough for one day) and 25 days in the container, so that makes it a maximum of 2 months wait until it arrives in Aus (Murphy says more likely more).
Then again it might take one month if the heads arrived in California after a couple of days and went in the container straight away for the trip. Hmm glass half full not half empty. :lol:

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:44 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Yer and when they are lost in transit on the boat because the are in a LCL and get change from containers in singapore etc you have another 2-3mth wait
it is also when they have the full container they send it so if it aint full you could wait even longer.

$US 400 should be about the cost for heads to ship air freight priority but it depends how much international freight the company that send it to you do if its not alot then they dont get the discount the bigger sellers in internat sale get.

you will still save buying from the US

Also Us mail USPS have a weight maximum they will allow not sure the exact amount but you could get them to send it in 2 sep boxes.

Us mail are pretty good pricing even for 2 seprate

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Taken a big chance, will contact the shipping container guy today and advise him the heads are coming.
Price with shipping to California $1,046.72 AUD + $100 for shipping container.
At this stage without duties heads have cost me roughly $1146, if I get duties due to just pushing over $1000AUD due to freight to California (I asked if they could hide the freight charge :)) and if the duties/taxes only are 15% total, this will bring it to about $1204AUD, plus $100AUD container charges (I hope these are not added) will bring them to $1304 landed (I will have to pick them up in Sydney), and to me that is a bargain, why would I waste my time with GT40P heads.

Now the long wait.

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

DavesXr8 wrote:
Yer and when they are lost in transit on the boat because the are in a LCL and get change from containers in singapore etc you have another 2-3mth wait
it is also when they have the full container they send it so if it aint full you could wait even longer.

$US 400 should be about the cost for heads to ship air freight priority but it depends how much international freight the company that send it to you do if its not alot then they dont get the discount the bigger sellers in internat sale get.

you will still save buying from the US

Also Us mail USPS have a weight maximum they will allow not sure the exact amount but you could get them to send it in 2 sep boxes.

Us mail are pretty good pricing even for 2 seprate

Whoops to late for me to change it now, and USPS is a pain to setup and send by them.

$485 for freight is over the top, that is more than $315 I could spend somewhere else, I have had nothing but good reports about this JUNKYARD CLASSICS (Ray Flaherty) from a good mate and other websites, I hope I wasn't wrong to try him, plus the fact I have a lot to do before the heads can be used anyway.

Stay tuned, I will post as soon as they arrive.

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:14 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Thats ok mate i have a mate who brings in Parts through Ray for vintage cars bumpers etc that cant realy come thru airmail for size reasons and hes never realy had a problem except for the time it takes sometime 6-7 wks others 3 mthns and 1 bumper went AWOL.

USPS is easy to setup they can get them to pick the parts up but normaly its once a day and they dont give a time thats why they like UPS Fedex etc they do a few runs and give a time i have bought in heaps of CVs thru USPS no probs. But you will be ok mate.

Hope it goes well

Dave

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Jason,

Well I have some bad news. I went to pull the heads to ship them and we are now out of stock on them. We showed to have one set left but they were the ported ones, somehow they got put into the wrong inventory. At the current time I dont have an answer to when we are going to see more of them. Sorry Jason, I know I told you we had a set and all, it's rare for us to have inventory errors.

Dave

So much for my good deal! :evil: , I think he should have given me the ported one for the same price :twisted:

Post subject: Re: heads
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Use fedex and tell them to put on frieghting paperwork that its a commercial sample and value less than 1000.00 and you will not get stung for GST or any other landing cost's. Ive brought in many garrett and masterpower turbo's like that with no problems. Ive been quoted for COD for a complete engine for $700.00 and thats by air. So that gives u a ruff idea of of weight.

Fedex is the way to go and yes i may be having something really special coming in from the states if all goes well :D

How did you get the $700 quote, online I tried 35kg with rough dimensions of 50x40x20 (I really have no idea how they would be packaged) and got quoted roughly $610AUD online.

USPS quotes online about $183AUD per cylinder head (I quoted 40lb) if I take the 6-10 service or $192 for the 3-5 day. Plus insurance of about $11AUD for $700US. Now looking at more expensive heads, so I am looking at sending them separate.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next