Fordmods Logo

Boost mileage with HHO gas 

Page 20 of 33 [ 484 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33  Next

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

need help keeping my hho cell from over heating

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8 220 Manual

HI all. i have been doing some reading and am very keen to have a play with these hydrogen boosters.

has anyone tried this kit and if so what did they achieve with it?

i am planning on running mine on a falcon running straight gas via a impco system.

Garthr, when yo set up your system did you use any sort of map sensor or computer control? they recommend these on water4gas etc.

also did you find you achieved the best results with the hydrogen entering before the carb or after it once the fuel air has been mixed.

thanks

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

forgot the link. kit i was talking about was this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hydrogen-FREE-Pe ... dZViewItem

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

noproblems wrote:
Hi TUF 250

In response to your questions, Make a small investment on an 0-2 sensor extenson (pre catlitic converter) removes sensor tip from exhaust stream 3/4" resulting in a leaner mixture.

All my experments have been before throttle body or Carb. if you go through vacuum source, as we all know high vac. at idol low vac. at RPM.
So we avoid this by putting it before.

Good luck and keep on researching. Thats what I'm doing!

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

TUF250 wrote:
HI all. i have been doing some reading and am very keen to have a play with these hydrogen boosters.

i am planning on running mine on a falcon running straight gas via a impco system.

Garthr, when yo set up your system did you use any sort of map sensor or computer control? they recommend these on water4gas etc.

also did you find you achieved the best results with the hydrogen entering before the carb or after it once the fuel air has been mixed.

thanks

no computer or efi on my hilux - it is carby only.

have not exactly pinned down best injection point yet but i'm thinking it is just above carby into intake snorkel.

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

intresting. so there is no need for any sort of map sensor control. several of the sites recommend such a device.

i would have imagined that before the throttle body or carb was best vacumme wise. i have seen cases where two feeds were used, one before the TB and one on the manifold which is interesting.

Garthr, did you find you needed to turn back the mixtures on the carb to get the proper air fuel ratio?

Timmeh, can you explain the 02 sensor extention you spoke about and a little more on how it works. the reason i ask is i soon hope to upgrade to a late model car and would like to be able to use this tecnology as well.

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hi TUF250,
I have an EFIE from Eagle research fitted to my EL and works great.
I did put together one of the MAP adjusters but did not work. On testing, all it does is advance the timing 5-6 degrees (which gave an idle of about 1200rpm) and did not seem to do anything for the fuel.
I have no personal knowledge of the O2 sensor extensions, but obviously what difference it makes will be a fixed amount and not adjustable.
The EFIE is the obvious way to go, fully adjustable a you can switch it on/off at the flick of a switch.
In my opinion, it is a waist of time fitting any sort of HHO without fitting one of these devices to any EFI vehicle, you wont get the fuel saving without it.

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

[quote="TUF250"]intresting. so there is no need for any sort of map sensor control. several of the sites recommend such a device.

Garthr, did you find you needed to turn back the mixtures on the carb to get the proper air fuel ratio?

quote]

no, to adjust mixture i would have to rejet carby,(permanent mod), which i have not even cleaned out yet. besides i am not injecting enough gas to do anymore than enhance petrol burn.

i'm pretty sure that you definitely need an efie or such device if you have an efi vehicle.

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

TUF250 wrote:

thanks

-
I have seen many HHO set ups on petrol cars, all have an improvement to some
extent. I have not seen any HHO set up on an LPG car that has improved it...
But I am hoping that some one on this forum will show a benifit.
-
My set ups have been, HHO before the Butterfly valve.
Glenn

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:12 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

My 5l doesn't have a map sensor so don't have to worry about that and the mas sensor isn't used with LPG so no need to worry about that, I beleive the main sensor is the oxygen sensor however I am unsure how much influence the oxygen sensor has on LPG, I have built an oxygen sensor enhancer so time will tell.

I have tapped the hrdrogen into the throttle body after the butterfly and have one electrolyzer hooked up at the moment as soon as I have some figures I will post so far I have only done 100KS so early days. I do intend to build a second electrlolyzer and have it switch on after a certain speed or certain vacuum point not sure yet, all susgestions gladly received.

Doc

Post subject: hho with lpg
Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Suzuki

Oustide Australia

1) Will HHO improve the milage with LPG system? If so can you provide some of details for same.

2) With sequential gas system the working principle is similar to petrol injection system, So when HHO can improve the petrol milage is it possible to improve the LPG milage also.

garthr wrote:
yeah will try to post a couple pics up this evening.

i think it should be easier to get improvement with lpg because u have ability to control mixture at will.

if hydrogen works with petrol & diesel then it should be good with lpg.

that's just my theory - have do some research/testing to find out for sure.

Post subject: Controlling the MapSensor signal
Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

Instead of using EFIE if we control the mapsensor signal will it work?

Robertkelley wrote:
Hi Garthr,
Interesting, though not logical. As a mechanic, I have to dissagree with this guys thoughts.
The whole idea of a O2 sensor is to ensure the mixture ratio stays the same. If something alters or ''goes wrong'' the ECU will adjust accordingly to keep it the same.
With my EL, I did see an increase in fuel km, but without kidding myself, it was mainly due to driving more carefully than the addition of the HHO.
With the EFIE unit fitted and adjusted (adjusted slowly over a couple of days), it was only then that I could honestly say I was getting better fuel consumption. I have tried dissconneting the HHO with the EFIE still fitted and the engine goes flat as a pancake with a huge flat spot just off idle which is due to the weak mixture (too weak to run properly). Re-connecting the HHO makes the engine run normaly again.
Rob.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:09 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hi,
As per my post on 29th April, the MAP sensor adjuster did not work , I would be interested if anyone else has had any success with this on a Falcon. I made mine as per the W4G instructions.

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:03 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Well I have my hydrogen genii working and have used 2 or 3 tank full of LPG around thge town with NO improvement what so ever. I went for a country drive with it and got a 4.45% increase in economy. So I am not a happy boy at the moment.

I have been told the LPG system doesn't use the MAS sensor and there is no MAP sensor on my model (1991 Fairlane V*) THe fuel mixture is running around 15.6/1 and I am using a oxygen sensor enhancher but that doessn't seem to alter the mixture or economy in anyway what so ever. I am starting to think the LPG system doesn't use the oxygen sensor either.

The only noticable difference I can find when using the Hydrogen is the car runs colder .. normal running temperature at the exhaust pipe just below the mainfld is around 280C with out Hydrogen and 214C with hydrogen.

Doc

Post subject: Map sensor used only in Mpfi veichels
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:31 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

Hi,
Latest LPG
sequntial system goes only with fuil ingection cars. In this system we have to connect map ,O2 sensor signal to the lpg unit .Because lpg system also has injectores and works simillar to petrol
NITHYANANDAM = Beblissful
Regards
Paandien.

Hoozadoctor wrote:
Well I have my hydrogen genii working and have used 2 or 3 tank full of LPG around thge town with NO improvement what so ever. I went for a country drive with it and got a 4.45% increase in economy. So I am not a happy boy at the moment.

I have been told the LPG system doesn't use the MAS sensor and there is no MAP sensor on my model (1991 Fairlane V*) THe fuel mixture is running around 15.6/1 and I am using a oxygen sensor enhancher but that doessn't seem to alter the mixture or economy in anyway what so ever. I am starting to think the LPG system doesn't use the oxygen sensor either.

The only noticable difference I can find when using the Hydrogen is the car runs colder .. normal running temperature at the exhaust pipe just below the mainfld is around 280C with out Hydrogen and 214C with hydrogen.

Doc

Sort by  
 Page 20 of 33  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33  Next