Fordmods Logo

who has max power on LPG? I6 

Page 4 of 5 [ 63 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:25 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef fairmont

Power: 148 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i had mine on a dyno yesterday & got 133rwkw gas compared to 137 on petrol but petrol is running rich & rev limiter only let it go to 5100 rpm on petrol so its time to get my unichip remapped & try to sought out a better ecu
currently only have a ecu out of a ef gli manual so looking to get a xr ecu if i can find one strange thing is on gas the revs went alot higher

1994 ef fairmont with jimmock dev5 kit, mandrel bend high flow exhaust, pacemaker extractors, k&n air filter & bigger intake, unichip,16in xr8 rims, sports suspension & tinted windows, duel fuel 137rwkw with gas mixer on 148rwkw without in need of retune

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

sammyb wrote:
Recently had mine dyno'd. 30 odd kw difference between petrol & LPG!

i would say something is wrong with lpg system....thats a massive difference

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Have has my CMS Stg 2 LPG cam installed the other day ... haven't dynoed it yet ... just driving around with it at the moment and seeing how it goes.

Has a nice lope at idle ... pulls rather strongly from 2100rpm (much better than the factory EGAS cam) ... and doesn't run out of puff at 3500-4000rpm ... it just keeps pulling like a train.

Will put it on the rollers next week ... just giving the car a chance to run the cam in with a few hundred kays (give the ECu a change to learn it).

So far so good though.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

so i guess no spoon for you simon... :wink: :lol: sounds great the way the car sounds like it drives now.. :wink:

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I am still waiting to get the damn thing on the rollers though ... looks like Thursday at this point though.

So far so good ... cold start is a little more difficult though ... the bugger flooded the other morning as it coughed on start-up ... took another 5 minutes of cranking and very slight throttle application (without it cutting out) before i could get the thing started again ... good thing I have a yellow-top battery otherwise NRMA would have been called out.

So far ... the last tank of gas got me 500km from around 75L or LPG .... so that's about normal ... but with a lot more right foot. Highway driving though ... seems to use less effort and less fuel.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I have about 218 - 220 RWHP in a N/A I6

Impco system and built motor and auto

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Flesh'n'Bones wrote:

were all very keen im sure to see what mods you have mate.... spill it! :lol:

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:19 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: E series falcon

SA, Australia

skidder wrote:
sammyb wrote:
Recently had mine dyno'd. 30 odd kw difference between petrol & LPG!

i would say something is wrong with lpg system....thats a massive difference

Yeah i would think so, the gas mixer is relatively small as I've been told. Could that be the problem?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
Flesh'n'Bones wrote:

were all very keen im sure to see what mods you have mate.... spill it! :lol:

A full rebuild on the motor and a heap of head work .. a good solid cam (crow) a modded hilux snorkel and a 350 mixer a modded inlet manifold and extractors hi flow cat and 2 1/2 straight through system . Auto box built and mechanical shift kitted .

my run was on a Main Line dyno and it seems to read low as my other car read 128rwkw on DD dyno and yet 2 days later only 106 on a main line.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mainlines are like that ... I have seen anywhere between 10-20rwkw difference from Mainline to DD (Shootout mode)

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:22 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF2 Futura

VIC, Australia

Hey guys my baby has been fitted with the poliauto lpgi system also and its finally running quite well, Im hoping to get it put up on the dyno next time i do a run to geelong. Toranaguy, POLIAUTO told parnell to f**k off basically, not sure why and no luck with the cable and software... they dont sell em.. sorry. but i may be able to organise a day where you may be able to use it well im there... sorry mate, best i can do.

EF Fairmont - King Spring Lows, Monroe GT shocks, Avanti 17" Racing wheels, Sony CDX-GT500 HU, Kicker 6.2 splits, 2x 12inch Kickers, Powered by sweet gas injection!
Wrecking EF2 Futura

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well .. I didn't make it to the dyno day ... and apparently the dyno had some issues on that day anyway.

I made an increase from 99rwkw to 117rwkw with the upgraded cam. Also torque increased from about 300Nm to a peak of 336Nm (although I think it was making more torque in 3rd below the ramp speed ... so it wasn't graphed).

Looking at my AFRs though the factory EGAS system is set quite rich as well. So will look into that soon.

So far it is running the factory tune (no EDIT) ... but might make some alterations to the LPG feed (ditching stepper motor for power valve) and seeing how it goes with that.

But so far so good for the cost involved in the new cam ... bottom-end torque is a hell of a lot better than it used to be ... so i am happy with it for now.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

[quote="Mechan1k"]Well .. I didn't make it to the dyno day ... and apparently the dyno had some issues on that day anyway.

I made an increase from 99rwkw to 117rwkw with the upgraded cam. Also torque increased from about 300Nm to a peak of 336Nm (although I think it was making more torque in 3rd below the ramp speed ... so it wasn't graphed).

Looking at my AFRs though the factory EGAS system is set quite rich as well. So will look into that soon.

So far it is running the factory tune (no EDIT) ... but might make some alterations to the LPG feed (ditching stepper motor for power valve) and seeing how it goes with that.

But so far so good for the cost involved in the new cam ... bottom-end torque is a hell of a lot better than it used to be ... so i am happy with it for now.[/quote/] perhaps its not such a bad thing you missed out on the dyno day.. besides... fingers crossed.. because of how the dyno performed on the day you may not have to wait as long for the next dyno day.. :wink:

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

podes wrote:
Hey guys my baby has been fitted with the poliauto lpgi system also and its finally running quite well, Im hoping to get it put up on the dyno next time i do a run to geelong. Toranaguy, POLIAUTO told parnell to f**k off basically, not sure why and no luck with the cable and software... they dont sell em.. sorry. but i may be able to organise a day where you may be able to use it well im there... sorry mate, best i can do.

Wow. Nice to know someone else out there has the same system as my EB!

Bugger about the cable & software, as i would also love to tell Parnell they ain't touchin my EB again, after the last time it was there. /me blood boils.

Next time you are running to Geelong, if you can give me some notice, i can try and organise to run down there with you. It's not all that far from my place. ;) I can get ahold of a cable & interface, but need to get my hands on the software. Need to do that or pay parnell for a tune that would be better than what the poor EB is running now, but still not good enough for what i pay!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

x-dub wrote:
EBMontTom wrote:
Sorry, not sure about the details on the LPG system on my EB fairmont, but i notice a slight decrease in power on LPG, particularly in the lower rev range (doesnt idle as smooth on gas too).
When driving around its not too noticable, but when you put the foot into from a stand-still, there is clearly more power on petrol.
After reading the question and answers, I notice a few errors and assumptions that should be cleared up here!
Firstly, it must be remembered that petrol cars were designed to run on just that...petrol. ULP has a lower compression ratio then engines built for super but ULP engines have superior ignition systems which don't require upgrading. In fact, for LPG, ULP ignition systems are great! EF, like AU's use a coil pack with many of you would know, but understand that the output of a coil pack is as high output as you'll ever require.
Saying that, LPG require only one thing that Falcon engine were not produced with, High compression ratio..!!
LPG really starts working at an optimum level from 11:1 Comp ratio onward if you have the hardware to handle it and survive everyday driving and expect your engine to last!
If you’re running a duel fuel Falcon, the figure shouldn't go much above 9.5:1 compression because ULP doesn't like it and will experience detonation which will really ruin your day! This is the dilemma of duel fuel ULP engines with has been a bit of an issue since 1985, a year before Falcons were ULP only. Pre ULP engines on the other hand don't have the same problem to that extent because they were designed at around 9.5:1. But Super is dead (the real lead super) and about the only real worthy option is PULP (premium). If you use PULP and boost the compression ratio to 9.5:1 or even slightly more (your call) you will have the best of both worlds for a duel fueler and get the added power you’re after!!
An LPG car that has a noticeable difference in power from a standard engine is a dodgy LGP system that doesn't suit your application properly!
A Falcon isn’t tunable!! Only by fitting an after market management system can you tune one. It's the LPG that needs looking at in that event, not usually the car if all else is good with it! Straight gas rocks!! I have built a few and one was 380 RWKW and was a stoking hot son of a B.....!! I loved every minute of it!!
My advice is buying a dedicated LPG AU and pump it out to 11.5"1 and through in as big a cam and exhaust as will fit as these baby's don't have anywhere near the limitations that a petrol car has! Have fun.....x-dub

yes but streight gas doesnt suit everyone. I find that once you get out of major metro areas, very few places even have LPG. IMO streight LPG is impracticle for most applications, unluss you plan on pretty well only ever driving the car around your particular city where LPG is availible.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next