AU 4 SPEED AUTO 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: AU 4 SPEED AUTO
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:19 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUIII XR6T, Land bruiser

QLD, Australia

Hey all just wondering how much the auto in an AU can be built up to take, what I would like to do is manual valve bodies and just build everything else as tough as i can.

I have a quote from malwood in waric for a T56 conversion as I love manuals but funds permitted I can't aforded it. ($7500) that is with his best gear aswell keep in mind.

Just wondering how much the btr 4 speed will take as not to keen on a C4 or an older box.

Another option i was lokin at was can I run the ba 4 speed behind the AU, I haven't researched this at all yet or seen a car with it but it would probably be a good upgrade for us people running forced induction.

Just so you know I've got an AUIII XR6 T5 manual And turbo fitted making about 250rwkw and 800nm torque. Them T5's just arn't strong enough :twisted: .

cheers

Chris

AUIIIXR6, Ultra low king springs, monro shocks, 19" of Chrome XHP Jets ,Snort Stage 4 turbo mainafold, GT 42r turbo, 3" stainless cooler piping, Haltech E6X, 42lb injectors,10mm Topgun leads,rising fuel reg, Bosch 040 fuel pump15psi = 283rwkw 802nm of tyre shreding touqe and a 12.6@118mph.

Post subject: Re: AU 4 SPEED AUTO
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:01 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BF F6 Typhoon. XP Van.XF Hearse

NSW, Australia

If you want a high performance transmission - The BTR is not for you!

The trouble is that the BTR was designed in Australia - No USA companies like Transgo,B&M, Fairbanks etc make full manual shiftkits, High capacity billet servo's, Hardened hubs & shafts etc - No aftermarket HP parts are available for them.

With a C4 (USA designed) you can buy whatever you want - Full manual or reverse pattern valvebody shiftkits, HP servo's - You can build a HP transmission with the parts available.

The ION 93 BA trans is in fact weaker than the earlier EA - AU BTR's. The planetary geartrain inside is brittle & the pump has half the capacity than the earlier BTR'S.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]