Fordmods Logo

bf falcon gear shifter not working 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: bf falcon gear shifter not working
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

So I just spent 2 days detailing the car and now I go to drive somewhere and the gear stick moves freely up and down gears like its not connected to the transmission. You still need to hold the button in but.

The last thing I touched was the gear stick cleaning around it with armourall but I wasn't rough at all.
Is there a common fault in the gear shifter or should I be looking under the car?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Post subject: Re: bf falcon gear shifter not working
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:43 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

I think on those there is a rod or cable under the car. It may have snapped or come off. Stick your big head underneath and have a look sy :)

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

93EB wrote:
I think on those there is a rod or cable under the car. It may have snapped or come off. Stick your big head underneath and have a look sy :)

Ended up google searching and it appears the bush in the gearbox end of the cable is flogged and wont stay on the gearbox.
Fix=grinder,Drill, Nut,bolt and washer. :)
Dunno why it decides to break while I was cleaning the car inside

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:11 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
93EB wrote:

Ended up google searching and it appears the bush in the gearbox end of the cable is flogged and wont stay on the gearbox.

Just to annoy you.. :x

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

93EB wrote:
bry40l wrote:
93EB wrote:

Just to annoy you.. :x

Im one of those guys who tries to spend his holidays doing nice things for his car and then it rewards me by breaking down.
Oh well better now then over the weekend when I head 3hrs up the coast!

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Also I will take photos of my bodgy repair job incase anyones interested. Cheaper and stronger than fords s**t cable job.

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Yeah.....the cable end is plastic....so they go brittle after a while, and just break off.
To fit a new cable takes ages....have to remove the drivers seat, so you can remove the park brake lever, so you can remove the centre console, so you can replace the cable......only ever done 1....what a ba5tard of a job.... :roll:

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
Yeah.....the cable end is plastic....so they go brittle after a while, and just break off.
To fit a new cable takes ages....have to remove the drivers seat, so you can remove the park brake lever, so you can remove the centre console, so you can replace the cable......only ever done 1....what a ba5tard of a job.... :roll:

I didnt remove the seat or hand brake. I did however break a bit of the driver side Centre surround,
But theres so many clips and screws it all goes back together fine :lol:

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]