Fordmods Logo

EA clutch into EB2? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EA clutch into EB2?
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hi All,

Just wondering if an EA clutch can be used in an EB2? I have a new Exedy clutch for an EA, and was hoping I could use it in my EB2.

Appreciate any advice!

Thanks,

Justin.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

as long as your eb has a 3 bolt clutch then your ok. (i think they do) i did a t5 convertion or my EBII and got rid of the EA clutch that it came with a went for the bigger EL xr6 6 bolt unit. (its now turbo). but the ea ones stod the test of time no worries.
On another note if you want two spare i have one stock EA clucth with heaps of meat and another Excedy h/d that has plenty of k's left in her. Both are to suit EA.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

FLASH wrote:
as long as your eb has a 3 bolt clutch then your ok. (i think they do) i did a t5 convertion or my EBII and got rid of the EA clutch that it came with a went for the bigger EL xr6 6 bolt unit. (its now turbo). but the ea ones stod the test of time no worries.
On another note if you want two spare i have one stock EA clucth with heaps of meat and another Excedy h/d that has plenty of k's left in her. Both are to suit EA.

The one I have is an Exedy Heavy Duty for an EA - it's brand new.

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

I think what flash meant was if your car has an EA-EB1 flywheel it will bolt up fine.

So yes it will bolt up to an EA-EB1 flywheel. If it's going into your EB2 than I think you would be much better off getting a clutch to suit(you'd have to put an EA flywheel to use the clutch anyway). The EB2 clutches are larger and have a 6 bolt pressure plate with 3 dowels, as apposed to the EA one you have which would have 3 mounting points and no dowels and smaller clutch plate.

Having said this Sundeep on e-series forums has been using my old t5 for quite some time with an EA Flywheel and 3 bolt Excedy standard clutch with no dramas (2nd gear clutch dumps) etc.

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Damo wrote:
I think what flash meant was if your car has an EA-EB1 flywheel it will bolt up fine.

So yes it will bolt up to an EA-EB1 flywheel. If it's going into your EB2 than I think you would be much better off getting a clutch to suit(you'd have to put an EA flywheel to use the clutch anyway). The EB2 clutches are larger and have a 6 bolt pressure plate with 3 dowels, as apposed to the EA one you have which would have 3 mounting points and no dowels and smaller clutch plate.

Having said this Sundeep on e-series forums has been using my old t5 for quite some time with an EA Flywheel and 3 bolt Excedy standard clutch with no dramas (2nd gear clutch dumps) etc.

Thanks Damo, now I get it!! Just had a look at the clutch itself, and all makes sense! Sorry Flash, didn't quite understand what you meant earlier.

Yep, going into my EB2 - I knew I'd read somewhere they were different from EA-EB1 but wasn't quite sure how.

Stuff going backwards, I'll sell it and grab something more suitable.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]