Fordmods Logo

clutch 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: clutch
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:26 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB II XR6 5 Speed

SA, Australia

hey guys still new around here i don't think i found a spot to ask this question so here looks fine.

i have a manual xr eb. Now i put in 4th and try to take off it stalls that means my clutch is good right?

Next question is how good? if its really good stalls str8 away or not so good rolls abit before stall if u know what i mean??

some help would be nice..

cheers nate.

12/92 EBII XR6 - 4.0L SOHC Tickford - Pacemaker 4499 headers - Redback 2.5" exhaust -3.45s
5spd Conversion - U.S. Billet short shifter!!!

Post subject: Re: clutch
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Nate-EBIIXR wrote:
hey guys still new around here i don't think i found a spot to ask this question so here looks fine.

i have a manual xr eb. Now i put in 4th and try to take off it stalls that means my clutch is good right?

Next question is how good? if its really good stalls str8 away or not so good rolls abit before stall if u know what i mean??

some help would be nice..

cheers nate.

Why would you even attempt that? Seriously.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon ED

QLD, Australia

Lot of know it alls will bite your head off dude.

Had a clutch cable thingy let go and peg out today, pain in a*** driving home to fix it. If you can get the first few forward gears and reverse without crunching, you're right. If you can start the car in first with the clutch depressed, and it doesent labour or carry on too much, then its just fine tuning with the thingy next to the brake master. I ended up fixing mine with a few wraps of fencing wire and an XF cable thingy, but no doubt you need a supercharger and performance chip (according to some).

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

BubbyGetPizzaForCat wrote:

Had a clutch cable thingy let go and peg out today, pain in a*** driving home to fix it. If you can get the first few forward gears and reverse without crunching, you're right. If you can start the car in first with the clutch depressed, and it doesent labour or carry on too much, then its just fine tuning with the thingy next to the brake master. I ended up fixing mine with a few wraps of fencing wire and an XF cable thingy, but no doubt you need a supercharger and performance chip (according to some).

dude!!! are you drunk or something????

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
Why would you even attempt that? Seriously.

it gives you an idea on the strength of the clutch but it should be 3rd not 4th....

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Someone has had too many beers and another has had too many cones.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

BubbyGetPizzaForCat wrote:

whats this got to do with what he asked :lol: :?:

there is actually a gearbox area, but here all good

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:11 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

I think Bubby was too busy getting pizza for the cat and went off topic a bit.. :shock:

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:12 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

the clutch in the vw i got as a floor pan donor for my project. when taking off you could dump the clutch and it wouldnt stall cos it was slipping so bad, and driving along like a grannie and then bam stomp the accel pedal the revvs would fly up and the car wouldnt move any faster, now thats a f*cked slipping clutch. if it aint doing that then its fine.

dun know why people get up people for asking a slightly odd question. if you thinks its stupid why bother posting? be mature fellas and keep it constructive

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]