Fordmods Logo

1994 XR6 ED Transmission Problem 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: 1994 XR6 ED Transmission Problem
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ed xr6

QLD, Australia

I have a problem with my transmission. I just put it in for a transmission service and thought the problem would be fixed magically. It wasn't.

The Problem:
When I am driving on the highway 70+ kmph, the car stays in 3rd gear and will not go to the 4th.
Also, while taking off from a standstill the gear slips and revs high when I get to the 2nd or 3rd gear (I can't remember which one) and then clunks hard into the next gear.

Does anyone know what this problem is and where I should take it to get it fixed?

Post subject: Re: 1994 XR6 ED Transmission Problem
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

how many kms on the box? maybe it's just fried

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Futura

QLD, Australia

come around with some spanners and take the good one out of my parts car, give us $100 and fit it when you get home, that should fix the problem.

A friend will bail you out of jail, a mate sits beside and says "oh s**t what have we done now"
Tip for beginners, the coppa doesnt think its funny when you ask him to put your hooning fine on your spers account.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: V8 LTD DC

VIC, Australia

monstertank wrote:
I have a problem with my transmission. I just put it in for a transmission service and thought the problem would be fixed magically. It wasn't.

The Problem:
When I am driving on the highway 70+ kmph, the car stays in 3rd gear and will not go to the 4th.
Also, while taking off from a standstill the gear slips and revs high when I get to the 2nd or 3rd gear (I can't remember which one) and then clunks hard into the next gear.

Does anyone know what this problem is and where I should take it to get it fixed?

Front band gone. I got 2 my cars have same problem last month. Dropped valve body and found out that front band broken (mechanically). You can do the same on your car. I just put other working autos instead.

BA XT Wagon 2004 -daily driver
LTD DCII V8 1993
NC-1 1991
NA-II Sportsman 1990- budget project going very slow: full respray is in progress, XR6 engine, rebuild auto, lowered, 3.45 LSD, extractors, LTD leather electric seats, thermofans, NF door trims, NF door handles, complete NCII wiring.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]