Fordmods Logo

Ford BA amp under passenger seat Install 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford BA amp under passenger seat Install
Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hello, has anyone done this? Stock Head Unit. Too expensive, too hard to replace it.

My logic: Three of the four speaker wires are behind the Glove Box to splice out into an amp-under-passenger-seat install.

Please provide any feedback / info if you have done this. Happy to hear WHY I should not do this. I am trying to avoid traditional in-boot amp install because those tend to ignore the front speakers which is not ideal to me.

All I am doing here is getting an amp (with line converter probably) + 4 new speakers.

Thanks for your input!

Post subject: Re: Ford BA amp under passenger seat Install
Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 1:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

firefox1x wrote:
Hello, has anyone done this? Stock Head Unit. Too expensive, too hard to replace it.

My logic: Three of the four speaker wires are behind the Glove Box to splice out into an amp-under-passenger-seat install.

Please provide any feedback / info if you have done this. Happy to hear WHY I should not do this. I am trying to avoid traditional in-boot amp install because those tend to ignore the front speakers which is not ideal to me.

All I am doing here is getting an amp (with line converter probably) + 4 new speakers.

Thanks for your input!

Hi.
yeah i thought of fitting the factory amp there as i'm changing my wiring around - not enough room i found, so keep that in mind when organising an amp and also airflow around said amp.

cheers

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 1:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Seems spacious under that passenger seat sorta, no? How much airflow does one need for a say 4x50RMS amp?

F**k Ford and that POS stock head unit scam making it too hard/expensive to replace or I'd just do that instead as I am in my 40s now, subs and such aren't desired. Excuse the venting.

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

firefox1x wrote:
Seems spacious under that passenger seat sorta, no? How much airflow does one need for a say 4x50RMS amp?

F**k Ford and that POS stock head unit scam making it too hard/expensive to replace or I'd just do that instead as I am in my 40s now, subs and such aren't desired. Excuse the venting.

hey no probs re venting ..... you know you can change that 'stock head' for something else....

it's a factory 6 stacker..... works very well too. i have another but the stacker doesn't work.

as to 'room' under the passenger seat ..... on ya knees boy and look :mrgreen: :lol:
i found for my electric seat [passenger] i didn't have a lot room so i moved the amp down the back in the space behind the left rear wheel. still have to workout how i'm gunna do it tho re mounting tho. i have a wagooon and i'm using BA/BF Fairylane [Fairlane] sub wiring for it. so it's a work in progress.......

and IF you was closer . . . . . .... i could program it in for ya :roll:

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I have that 'prestige' ICC with large screen and 6 cd stacker (never used it once, lol cd's...). I tried connecting to a temporary 93db sensitive 5x7 speaker for a miracle test in case it sounded good. It did not. Amplifier isn't optional on any of these BA/BF head units unless you got the Premium package which I do not unfortunately.

My passenger side front seat I dont believe is electronic at all so there is a bit of space under there. I'm hoping all the speaker wires to the rear go through the left of the car but not sure - anyone know?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

firefox1x wrote:
I have that 'prestige' ICC with large screen and 6 cd stacker (never used it once, lol cd's...). I tried connecting to a temporary 93db sensitive 5x7 speaker for a miracle test in case it sounded good. It did not. Amplifier isn't optional on any of these BA/BF head units unless you got the Premium package which I do not unfortunately.
Raft Wars
My passenger side front seat I dont believe is electronic at all so there is a bit of space under there. I'm hoping all the speaker wires to the rear go through the left of the car but not sure - anyone know?

You may want to install an amplifier under the front passenger seat to improve the sound quality. Without having to change the entire wiring system, you can utilize the existing speaker wire from ICC by using an amplifier with input from the speaker. This helps to avoid complicated rewiring, while ensuring that the sound system has enough power to maximize the effectiveness of the new speakers you want to upgrade.

Last edited by Schowalter on Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

firefox1x wrote:

the sound from the factory items is not top of the line so what your trying for won't happen. with my ICC [in pic above] i believe i got a fault [don't remember what the code was] saying the sub wasn't connected or similar. my car is a wagoon which never came with the premium sound ..so it's getting it fitted. as to the 'normal' front passenger seats ....... majority of cars got the fully manual version with the lever at the front. my car is no longer 'standard' as it has-

1- BA Fairylane dash loom .. modified to suit wagooon
2- BA Futura wagooon modified rear wiring looms [using what was originally fitted to car - it already had 4 electric windows]
3- BA/BF Fairymont leather front seat covers/foam
4- BA/BF/FG 8way front seat frames [airbags removed & with memory - yes both fronts]]
5- SX/SY roof wiring [slightly modified to suit wagooon]
6- BA/BF Fairylane & SX/SY subwoofer wiring
7- FG/SZ steering wheels using the matching silver steering wheel controls
8- SZ combo switch with driving light switch
9- SX/SY parking assist [similar to the BA/BF setups but using Terri specific sensors]
10- FG 1 tonner ute springs
11- NU [AU Fairylane] rear seats as original BA/BF never came with leather [will be getting the BA seats redone & fitted with SX/SY Terri middle seat headrests]
12- BA/BF/SX/SY rear view interior mirror [electrochromatic & works really well too]
13- BA Fairylane door looms
14- BA/BF digital door mirrors
15- Terri dash switches [and matching black bases] fitted for driving lights [4 sets of lights] & fuel/tailgate
16- BA/BF Fairymont/Fairylane door trims [with some reinforcing of the door pulls]
17- Dual dash vents [the ones on the ends are normally a single vent]

some of the mods were done with information/advice supplied by Gothefalcon [RIP] and [Master] Linz with both being members of the https://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php

so is yours a sedan or ute?.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]