Fordmods Logo

Extractors on BF2 E-Gas Falcon? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Extractors on BF2 E-Gas Falcon?
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EA GL

NSW, Australia

Hi,
I will soon be taking delivery of a new BF2 Falcon XT Sedan on E Gas. (Colour Ego) it is a novated lease car through my employer and will be my Wife and baby girl's main mode of transport to replace her KQ Laser.

As I intend to keep the car after the lease is up I plan to look after it and do a few things to improve it.

Are extractors a worthy addition to a E Gas car?
Do they make a noticeable improvement as they would in a petrol engined car or not really worth the expense?

I will be doing oil changes myself in between dealer services as I believe the service intervals are too long... and after the warranty / lease is up I will do all servicing myself.

Can anyone comment on the new model DOHC 6 engines in regards to cylinder head corrosion and coolant change intervals which are again arguably too long on new cars.
I know corrosion was a big problem with the E series 6 cylinder engines... I hope it has been resolved in the latest twin cam engines.

I plan to eventually fit some gauges as in FPV style to the centre dash top.

Are there any other nice to know things having never owned a LPG car before?

Thanks and Regards,
Damian

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ford e-gas was a great sucess for ford, all cars in general gain a good amount of power from extractors, but also get a cat back exhaust with it to further increase peformance and get the full potential out of the extractors.
cylinder head corrosion is uncommon in the barra i6 but im not sure about the e-gas.
the only problem ive herd of with thses cars if filling up gas in hot weather

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]