Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 19 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

Damn wish I knew earlier, nah won't be able to make it :( Still got most of the front suspension out and spending this weekend on finishing it. Had my wisdom teeth out this week so it'll be a slow process over this weekend.

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

put your name up b bear need more people.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:21 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

lol yeah my suspension is rooted, that's the next thing i'm saving for, who's up to help replace shocks? i'll shout someone a big mac meal, lol.
anyway, what suspension setups are you guys running?
i'm trying to work out what would be better for how i want the car, mainly leaning towards King Low's as i wanna put a tickford kit on and with petrol, lpg, sub box, fatasses in the back, i need to compensate, that and our council is raping what seems like every street with speed humps.
what'd be a decent shock to handle that?

oh btw, done a lil update on the thread, shoot us some opinions!

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:33 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
ive got a massive problem.at 3000rpm to 3500rpm the ar stutters (coughs) does my head in its like hitting the limiter then i push it abit more clears up then does same thing in the next gear. it does it in both petrol and lpg any ideas im thinking electrical problem only does it at those revs so harmonic balancer? or maybe dizzy any ideas has this happened to any of you guys before??

sorry i can't help with that, let us know what the deal is when you fnd out, hopefully you'll be right for the weekend.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:44 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
teeroy wrote:
lol yeah my suspension is rooted, that's the next thing i'm saving for, who's up to help replace shocks? i'll shout someone a big mac meal, lol.
i'm trying to work out what would be better for how i want the car, mainly leaning towards King Low's as i wanna put a tickford kit on and with petrol, lpg, sub box, fatasses in the back, i need to compensate, that and our council is raping what seems like every street with speed humps.

Might wanna link the build thread in ya signature.

Shocks, avoid KYB for the rears. Still having ongoing issues with mine but should be sorted tomorrow.

Ultima good cheap brand, Monroes GT Sport, then Konis etc

yeah i was reading your thread not long ago, the dramas you've had, no love for your ride lately aye.
so you'd reccomend ultima's? funding is a bit of an issue, but if the difference between them and monroe's isn't too far, i'm willing to save, that and until i'd find some help fitting, there wouldn't be much happening anyway.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

teeroy wrote:

ill help ya fit your shocks if you want?? ive got pedders sports ryders allround handles very well i reckon and to be honest you'll get over lows it will sit to high trust me ive got a petrol tank lpg tank and a sub and still sits too high.you'll see mine on the weekend.

ill be right for the weekend mate dont worry hahaha aslong as i keep her over 3500rpm she'll be right lol.will read through your thread now lol been meaning to these past 2 days lmaoo

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:21 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
ill help ya fit your shocks if you want?? ive got pedders sports ryders allround handles very well i reckon and to be honest you'll get over lows it will sit to high trust me ive got a petrol tank lpg tank and a sub and still sits too high.you'll see mine on the weekend.

ill be right for the weekend mate dont worry hahaha aslong as i keep her over 3500rpm she'll be right lol.will read through your thread now lol been meaning to these past 2 days lmaoo

sweet as then, i'll shout ya lunch or something, lol.
how much you pay for shocks?
yeah i'll have a suss of your setup, just cautious as the council is getting really excited with all these speedhumps, being plastic crap, i'm considering petrol and a lighter, they really do my head in.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! yeah they are putting them all over the place here to they do my head in.never even thought of setting them on fire.thats a mad idea i reckon ill have to go back to my hoodlem days hahaha.well lets see i bought the car it had pedders springs all round with sprots ryder shocks up the front.then i bought the rear springs of stoj for $60 then i accidentally came across the 2 rear shocks at pick a part and they ended up costing me $1.mate has a huge tool box :wink: hahaha

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

teeroy wrote:

I'm running King Spring SSL on the rear and King Spring SL on the front with Ultima shortened shocks on the rear.... soon to have the front ultima shocks in the after this weekend.
Here is what I found with this set up:
When driving alone it is fine, just have to be careful over speed humps and s**t bits of road. With a passenger in the front they normally find the ride to be a bit stiff, but that's not a huge worry.
With people in the back, the rims tuck and look great but jeeeez you can feel the difference in handling and power with a car load of people.

My suggestion would be, go with something like King Spring SL all round and get some suitable shocks. Reason being that if you plan on having the car weighted down most of the time with people, gas tank, audio equipment and anything else... SSL will be way too low.

Build Thread:

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah my car on 3mpty gas and petrol tank sits just under the tip of the top of the tyre.last night i put 45ltrs of gas in and hahahaa dropped down to the rim lol cant see the top of the tyre.i wanna fill the petrol tank and gas tank full and see how low it goes hahaha you'll see it tomorrow any ways teeroy lol

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well heres afew vids of what the car is doing first vid is the car just at 3500rpm with my foot not moving on the throttle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuwpfm3PCcg

and this is the car idling just noticed what it does today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbf4gwGhdI

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

also afew pics of the cruise we went to today to geelong also on the cruise thread.

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Looked like a good day out dude ! Was perfect weather for it :D

Build Thread:

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah was beautiful weather.every one beeing lowered noticed hoow bumpy the road to geelong really was hahaha

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

bumps?
what bumps?
:lol:

Sort by  
 Page 19 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 40  Next