Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 20 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

teeroy wrote:
bumps?
what bumps?
:lol:

LMAOOOOO yeah no bumps with your boat.that suspension is one of a kind man.goes up and down like a water bed lol

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:17 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

end up getting that problem solved yet?

looks like i might be grabbing those wildcats off your mate soon, hopefully in the next month, depends how my bank handles this weekend with my trip to godskitchen and trying to get my head gasket solved as it's showing signs of failure.
never asked, but what do you do for work?

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nar havnt fixed it yet due to work i mean its alittle better because i changed the dizzy cap so its out of timming at the moment so no power so no need to push it hard so doesnt do it lol.i do concreting but am currently out of a job (i quit) so am looking to do anything atm (except sell my a** or give gobby) but yeah i work once a week with a mate doing deliveries around melbourne.so reason i still havnt fixed my car is money problem.but once i get a full time job first 2 weeks pay is going straight on the car.getting cam, vernier gear, high stall and 2 new back tyres lmao and probably finally get my j3chunned to suit the car.its been sitting around for nearly a year lol

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

lol you have a j3?
HIT ME UP!
ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/j3-chip-and-tune-fill-me-in-t107696.htmlz

yeah i know what you mean, i'm a maccas b**ch,(i know i know) was meant to move on but been gettin stuffed around with an apprenticceship i'm meant to be getting, but that sounds dud, so starting to look elsewhere. need more money.
sucks you havent sorted it out, and you got a list of things, lol.
ahh the joys of 15's, got another screw in the tyre today, instead of a $20 repair, went a $25 second hand swap, with better tread, lol.

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah i've had one floating around the car these past 9months or so lol. that link doesnt work man...

yeah i havnt had a constant job all bloody year always just a call b**ch.i mean i know alot more about concreting then some of the blokes that have been doing it for a constant year just cant find the right boss.all the best bosses with good pay havee too many workers and the ones that will give me constant work are a c*nt to work for and is s**t money.and when i say s**t boss i mean they ride ya all day for what they pay ya.they want to squeeze everything outa ya..i dont know now im just looking for anything untill my seurity license comes then i've got a mint job lined up.30bucks an hour standing around in the airport.just need to buy a pair of comfy steel caps and thats it ill be set lol

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

Hey mate bummer you still haven't got a solution to the problem.... did you have another post asking about it ? If so can you chuck me the link ? Want to see what others said. Anyway.... I had a mates car do the same thing but he never fixed it so never knew what the issue was on it :( But have you tried cleaning the solenoid on top of the throttle body, are the cables to the throttle body able to move freely? Is the butterfly jamming? I also had an issue with revs when I would put the car in and out of gear. For example I would select from P through to drive and the car would drop revs sometimes even to the point of stalling turned out to be the inhibitor switch which is located on the left side of the gear box.
Well they are some of my thoughts. Still going to C4C? I want to still go but my back brakes are f**k squeaking non stop and sounds embarrassing lol.

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

the car shouldnt be out of timing if u replaced the dizzy cap. Unless u loosened the dizzy and moved it ?

So you still have the proble ay ?have you ruled not cam timing and ignition timing ?

Get a timing light and check the timing in diagnostic mode. The balancer mark should be in line with the indicator on the timing cover.

To check the cam timing take the rocker cover off and turn the balancer to TDC Top dead centre.

The cam mark should be 2-3 mm above the head on the right hand side. If its not its slipped a tooth

and b bear take ur rear pads off and smear some copper compound on them. That should stop the squeak

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

and b bear take ur rear pads off and smear some copper compound on them. That should stop the squeak[/quote]

I didn't think to do that does it work ? Shame I haven't got time to try it now before the cruise. I know what the culprit is, it's the damn slider pins in the back calipers cause it to slightly stick. Trying to source a minor caliper rebuild kit from Repco.

Build Thread:

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ive heard it works, i have to try it with mine , it squeaks bad

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hahaha yeah Nar problem is still not solved. Am working at the moment so I can afford to do some stuff to it and fix the problem whilst im there. I'm pretty sure it's the dizzy teeth. I checked the leads and they are fine my problem is no spark to first cylinder so I'll be pulling the dizzy off next week and probably spending all weeks wages on her next week :)

And as for c4c I'll be there just won't have any power at all.

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

All good man I was hoping to have my body kit on but that didt happen. Also there is a northern and western pre meet for c4c duno if I should go to that or not.

Build Thread:

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

wild-el wrote:
Hahaha yeah Nar problem is still not solved. Am working at the moment so I can afford to do some stuff to it and fix the problem whilst im there. I'm pretty sure it's the dizzy teeth. I checked the leads and they are fine my problem is no spark to first cylinder so I'll be pulling the dizzy off next week and probably spending all weeks wages on her next week :)

And as for c4c I'll be there just won't have any power at all.

if your problem is no spark to first cylinder that has nothing to do with the teeth on the gears of the distributor/aux shaft, it wouldnt spark at any of the cylinders, is it constantly not sparking to number 1 or is it only failing sometimes?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

could be TFI module, did u change the dizzy cap asweel ?

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
could be TFI module, did u change the dizzy cap asweel ?

+1 on the distributor cap or that 1 spark plug lead could be failing.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yer if number 1 spark plug lead isnt sparking it must be that lead or spark must not be jumping to the number 1 contactor, or spark plug could of failed ??

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 20 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 40  Next