Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 22 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

hey if its just your timing is out, why dont you go buy a timing light, retune it and be done? or borrow one

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
hey if its just your timing is out, why dont you go buy a timing light, retune it and be done? or borrow one

problem is.is i dont know which 2 plugs i have to bridge to reset the computer :?

uniacidz wrote:
wild-el wrote:
nar not genuine man just a fiber glass one.picked up the whole kit for a bargain so cant complain.

yeah i came with the xr6 man was a c*nt of a drive with the timing out then when i was driving through some suburbs to get to lindcombe bloody pot holes every where!!!! railway crossings are the worst with 19's!! lucky i put 15's on the back just for a less bumpy ride (plus the rear 2 19's were bold)

yeah im staying in canley heights at the moment will be heading back later tonight

Thats a decent and committed drive, and welcome to s**t. Our roads may be crap and we may be rude, but dang it we will steal your fun too

hahahaha yeah i know.was the girlfriends idea to drive up.plus i wanted to see it in person.had a fun time yesterday trying to fit everything in the back seat without breaking anything,in particular the rear skirt.its in one piece and was a bastard and no i couldnt drop the seat and put it through the boot due to the gas tank -.-

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

left top and left bottom and wait for the revs to change, and timing shouldnt move around on the light, dude its not that hard its written all over this forum

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hahaha i know its not hard my dad did it for me afew days ago.but he stuffed up didnt reset the computer so still the same s**t.plus the miss on first is still there so still gotta find out what that is.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

it doesnt reset the computer it opens it up into diagnostic mode where you can set the base idle properly and the timing, and the harmonic balancer mark needs to line up with the mark on the right of the timing chain cover in diagnostic mode

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah i dont know what it exactly does but now i know hahaha well ill defiantly be doing it when i get back to melb.

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

down my way the roads arent too bad , but i have driven through sydney and the roads are covered in pot holes and cracks , they fill up the cracks and everytime u drive over one its thud thud thud lol

how much was the bodykit if you dont mind me asking ?? ive seen brand new ones on ebay for $600, shipping would be $100, would of saved u a trip lol

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah i know man the pot holes are just filled with what looks like silicon.

i paid $250 for it mate brand new never been fitted on a car in primer just needs a slight rub down.

includes:
front lip
rear lip
shark fin spoiler
2x door pods
2x sideskirts
so bargain i reckon.i mean its cost me 60 bucks gas to get here then 60 back but i wanted to ake sure it was really an el bodykit,because some blokes say el but really its an ef one.so will cost me $500 fitted.

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thats a good price , just need to get mine sprayed, im going to start rubbing it back next weekend , and hopefully primer it ,

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah well im not 100% happy with the primer so might get some more primer tomorrow and sand it back a little more and re do it lol.i want it on the car by the end of the week.just dont know whether to fit the spoiler as well or go no spoiler.i rather the car with out but will see in the next few days what will happen

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

id rather a spolier it go wells with the kit. without a spolier looks to much like a gli lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah thats exactly what my mate said hahahahaha i dont know i might do this boot lid with a spoiler then go and get another one without lol.....have the best of both worlds lol

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yer that way u wont stuff up the original boot , if u change the spoiler make sure u put silicon under it or it will leak , im pretty sure the panel beater didnt put any under mine , :(

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i nocited under my spoiler is some rust starting, may have to take the spoiler off and fix it up, ill be using stainless screws to put it back on because the original ones always rust up and you cant take them out without the head f**k up lol

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

What do you mean mate?? Are your bolts rusted?? That's s**t. I've just remembered something about my boot............................. I expanda foamed the whole inside of the boot lid so I can't even get to my bolts for my spoiler. Watta d**k head!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 22 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 40  Next