Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 23 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

hack away at the expanda foam lol

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

The problem isn't hacking away to get to the bolts the problem is when I did it, before it dried I put the boot lid carpet cover on and put the plugs in. So those plugs ain't coming out any time soon -.-

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
wild-el wrote:
The problem isn't hacking away to get to the bolts the problem is when I did it, before it dried I put the boot lid carpet cover on and put the plugs in. So those plugs ain't coming out any time soon -.-

sorry man, but f**k thats funny

Hahahaha I know mate tell me about it. Didn't even stop much of the rattles....... Gay as aids :P

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah that's what I was planning to do just drill out the foam. If that plan falls through then I'll just go past bunnings and grab some brick acid, that s**t will get it off ;) only down side with that the boot will need a re spray

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

shouldnt be that hard to get through the foam

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So when u lift ur boot up u can see the foam or is it under the boot lid carpet ??

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nar can't see the foam mate it's all under the carpet. And I cant get the carpet off any ways bcos of the bloody plugs that are there.they are foamed in

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

:roll:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah I know tell me about it. Hahahaha I just remembered my blow torch should fix it up no worries.

And another update with the miss fire I changed the coil and still no difference. And also looks like there is some oil coming from near the head gasket area so might be looking at changing motors again or fixing the head gasket not sure which one I'll do yet. But yeah the miss is pissing me off hard!! I've so far changed the spark plugs, dizzy cap, rotor button, dizzy and coil and still the same s**t!!! And just remembered that it all started from the day I got that stupid canary and the road worthy bloke told me to wash the under neath of the car.From then it started running like a bucket. I don't know, was thinking of setting the bastard a light but then I washed her and she came up all sparkly so I got sucked into her again :P I'll work it out .......

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well I came to the conclusion that maybe it's the gear that turns the dizzy that might be f*cked, not 100% sure but looks like it might be. So I'll be taking the dizzy out again to check it if it's not that then I don't know what else it could be. I think I might put another motor in her just to clear my head and do abit of work to this one while it's out of the car.

Also spent the day on the other side of the city picking up a high stall converter and a sun roof. So sun roof will be going on as soon as there's afew good sunny days and high stall when ever I can be bothered separating the motor and tranny. Slowly slowly cars getting better :)

And Tikky kit should be sprayed in the next few days so Fingers crossed on by the end of the week.

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:14 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

good work with the sunroof, scary that your doing it yourself but it'll be a learning experience. (whether good or bad :lol: )
got fed up and got a test light yesterday, no power to my sunroof switch either when the buttons pressed or not, with accessories on too, makes me wanna cry cos theres no fuse in fusebox.
starting to get her ready for summer. :D

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
So ya got the sunroof, good bargain

Tried a injection cleaner for the miss you have?

I had a weird stutter when i had the original injectors in, stutter at 2000 rpm only when cold

AU XR6 injectors stutter when cold with WOT

Both when car warm and running less then a min.

Well I'm not 100% sure about te injectors because mine are off majority of the time (lpg) I think I'm just going to go and get a low k's Au gas dedicated motor I heard their bottom ends are even stronger then standard. Then just take this Tikky head off work it bait and slap it on the gas bottom end. Only problem is I can only find the motors in taxi's so I'm in the hunt at the moment.

teeroy wrote:
good work with the sunroof, scary that your doing it yourself but it'll be a learning experience. (whether good or bad :lol: )
got fed up and got a test light yesterday, no power to my sunroof switch either when the buttons pressed or not, with accessories on too, makes me wanna cry cos theres no fuse in fusebox.
starting to get her ready for summer. :D

Yeah I'm getting mine ready. Well if I stuff up the sun roof hole I'll just start a convertible conversion ;) hahahaha

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

so you wont have to respray the roof will u ?? i shouldnt think so ??

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hahaha what makeyou think I have to respray the roof mate??

Sort by  
 Page 23 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 40  Next