Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 24 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

"I think I'm just going to go and get a low k's Au gas dedicated motor I heard their bottom ends are even stronger then standard."

AU bottom ends is the same, either gas or petrol, Std or XR, all the same.

If it is you aux gear, its probably because you didn't swap gears on the dizzy to match the AU Motor.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
"I think I'm just going to go and get a low k's Au gas dedicated motor I heard their bottom ends are even stronger then standard."

If it is you aux gear, its probably because you didn't swap gears on the dizzy to match the AU Motor.
youd think he would just take the car to a real mechanic and pay to get it fixed, or at least actually stop driving it and have a decent look,

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

wild-el wrote:
Hahaha what makeyou think I have to respray the roof mate??

i dont know ?? just around the area where u cut i thought paint might flake off ??

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
SWC wrote:

youd think he would just take the car to a real mechanic and pay to get it fixed, or at least actually stop driving it and have a decent look,

No way, we need to get a body kit on first, drive all the way from Melb to Syd with a dodgy engine, get the sunroof fitted, ohhh and buy some mats. Then we will look at the motor. Bloody hell, buy a workshop manual first.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

the only mats worth owning which is more important than an engine is those fake checker plate ones, also they must be coloured red

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
bry40l wrote:
SWC wrote:

No way, we need to get a body kit on first, drive all the way from Melb to Syd with a dodgy engine, get the sunroof fitted, ohhh and buy some mats. Then we will look at the motor. Bloody hell, buy a workshop manual first.

Your funny as you tell every one to get a work shop manual, I also think I mentioned to you I already downloaded a workshop manual and it's s**t as doesnt give you a straight answer to any thing.... Maybe it's just the one I down loaded :S

So what your saying is I should have fitted the el aux gear into the Au motor??

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

How come my do is a L plate?? Who put that up?

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I was wondering the same thing lol

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:05 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

No, I am not saying you fit an EL aux to your AU motor. What I am saying is that you remove the gear from the AU oil pump drive, goes in where the Dizzy does on the EL. You then fit this to the EL Dizzy. You then fit the Dizzy to the AU Motor and the gears match. Then again, I am sure you were told that earlier in your thread.

I tell you to buy a Workshop manual because they have the information you seem to lack. You don't seem to listen but you still ask simple questions that would be easily answered if you refered to one, but you know better. They are a great reference tool, I still refer to mine over some items, even mechanics use them, funny that.

I think the L plate suits.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
No, I am not saying you fit an EL aux to your AU motor. What I am saying is that you remove the gear from the AU oil pump drive, goes in where the Dizzy does on the EL. You then fit this to the EL Dizzy. You then fit the Dizzy to the AU Motor and the gears match. Then again, I am sure you were told that earlier in your thread.

I tell you to buy a Workshop manual because they have the information you seem to lack. You don't seem to listen but you still ask simple questions that would be easily answered if you refered to one, but you know better. They are a great reference tool, I still refer to mine over some items, even mechanics use them, funny that.

I think the L plate suits.

O ok. Well I just found a low k's Au sr motor running well I dont know whether to stuff around with this one any more and just swap over or fix this one. I need the car to be moving I don't really have much time to spend pulling it all apart. I was thinking of swapping the motors over then probably fixing this one up one the side as a spare.

uniacidz wrote:
I thought the L Plate was funny

Hahaha it is funny I just don't know who put it up lol and funny thing is I can't change it either (computer not working)

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i dont see any L plate
:cry:

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
i dont see any L plate
:cry:

Lmaoo it's gone :? I want it back I finally had a picture up :(

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok well car officially died on me yesterday.lucky it was only down the street.

found out what the problem was.it all started when i pulled out my other dizzy that was in there, it was an after market dizzy so steel gear on it.it was playing around abit as the previous videos show.there was no signs of wear on the dizzy teeth. put a genuine one in and then started to get worse.untill it dies yesterday.pulled out the dizzy just before to find afew teeth are missing on the dizzy and the gears down below are sharp as f*ck.sooo tomorrow motor comes out.day after another motor goes back in.i think im going to go with the au sr motor found one with 100k on the clock so should be a good buy.

any one of you guys have any pointers on what to do with this motor?im open to any help? i am planning on keeping the other head and doing alittle bit of work then fitting it on this motor that im going to get cam,springs ,port work etc.

but just need a hand with this motor on how to avoid running into this problem again.

and does anyone have any clue on how to fit the high stall?? i mean is there any thing speacial i have to do or its pretty much same as the other one???

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:57 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

The old motor is scrap.

Remember what I said about the Dizzy gear, remove the oil drive from the AU (looks like the cam sensor on an EF), remove the gear and fit to your new dizzy, or you will have the same issue again.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
The old motor is scrap.

Remember what I said about the Dizzy gear, remove the oil drive from the AU (looks like the cam sensor on an EF), remove the gear and fit to your new dizzy, or you will have the same issue again.

hahahaha just the bloke i wanted to reply.ok i will definatly do that this time.other then this problem i was pretty happy with the au motor.

Sort by  
 Page 24 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 40  Next