Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 27 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

the thing is most cheap cars you can tell a genuine good one from a complete lemon, some people are selling them for $300 because the paints faded and the master cylinder leaks or the cv joint makes a funny noise, and some of them just shouldnt be driven on the road and its only worth scrap metal price, its cheaper for me to get a $300 s**t then save up for rego for the falcon than it is to just drive my mums car and save up for rego on my car, im a security gaurd

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

Cmon mate pics mate pics lol, you makin us hang here.

*NF FAIRLANE RIDING ON KING SPRING ULTRAS AND 20 INCH BSA CUSTOMS*
(Watching out for speed humps and steep driveways) ;-?

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

Hahaha can't cars hung up with the front end pulled apart can't work out how to get this bloody radius rod out!!! Fin driving me up the wall!!

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1991 eb1 fairmont

QLD, Australia

wild-el wrote:
Hahaha can't cars hung up with the front end pulled apart can't work out how to get this bloody radius rod out!!! Fin driving me up the wall!!

once nuts have been removed drop the lower control arms from the crossmember and undo your link pins which will allow you to get the room needed to remove your radius rods

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Link pins?? I'm dropping the control arm now. Have just undone the one conecting to the k-frame now undoing the sway bar one then the one behind the disk I guess...

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1991 eb1 fairmont

QLD, Australia

link pins join sway bar to lower control arm, the one behind is the tie rod end(steering) doesn't need to be undone as that will pivot backwards with the stub and control arm

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hahaha done it after afew hours :cry: but only managed to do one side other side i couldnt get too because i dont have the open ended 24mm for the front.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

here's just a snap i took before in the garage will take some tomorrow after i give her a bath :)

before spray:

last night.

will take more tomorrow.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Looking good mate . I never liked heritage green much until I seen your xr6, maybe because my ef was heritage green and was covered in scratches and dents lol

But like all dark colors if it's looked after it looks well .
I've heard red is the worst to have as it fades . I polish mine all the time and it's in good condish .

I've gotta get my ticky kit on. The car needs it lol
One worry I have is the front lip is solid rubber and it's pretty heavy , I wouldn't of thought the front bumper would hold it .

Your kit Is fibre glass ay ??

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah I know what you mean about the red adding I've seen heaps of them around faded but I envy your one :) nice and shiny.

Yeah my whole kit is fiber glass, I'm worried if some one hits it it will shatter for sure:( I'll give it a polish after work then take afew more snaps. I think I'm going to go no spoiler and just keep this one aside as a spare...

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If someone hits you or you scrape on a driveway it will crack, split or tear off, that's the downside of fiberglass , good thing is its easy to repair ,
Plastic is good because it usually just bends in or wears away if it scrubs out, downside is its hard to fix.

We're your side skirts easy to fit on ??
I had fiberglass skirts and they weren't going on easy , sold they kit and brought plastic , fits on perfectly .

My paint is shiney but my bonnet has a few stone chips and so do the side guards , if this ticky kit turns out nice and shiney when I spray it , I'll spray the whole front end .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah I know man I was looking everywhere for a plastic kit but couldn't find one any where and not for the price I paid for these. Just giving it a polish now and am taking off the rear bar to get the tow bar off. Need to refit the rear skirt have to take off the bar and to screw it in properly. Well my skirts come up mint I wanna spray the whole car but mate reckons it's too much of a head f**k to do the whole thing.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

A closed door job isnt to hard , but doing it properly involves removing door trims , interior heaps of s**t . My mate got his vn ss group a resprayed and he said if you can avoid it , don't get a car resprayed lol

He did most of the work , like removing parts .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

f**k. Yeah well I'll see how I go man.

Just tried fitting the rear skirt and guess what the c*nt is too big!!! When I line up in side the guards it sticks out the back by about an inch it's driving me insane!!

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

You'll have to make it fit somehow .

Is the rear bar hard to take off ??
I have to take mine off to fit my kit.

I'll probably fit the side skirts this Saturday , and rub back the undercoat .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 27 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 40  Next