Fordmods Logo

The turbo ed........ 

Page 43 of 69 [ 1031 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 69  Next

Post subject: Re: Troys turbo ed........
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
lol, there light but not that light..lol... although it was fairly hard to find rims with a decent dish to suit e series offset in 18"..

True Troy, I just ordered my 18x8.5" wheels from the states, they are LAVINHARD 812 heres a pic

Just so I dont have to run spacers, were $1700 delivered from the USA with tires

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:29 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

bng wrote:
I think you need big brakes (that change the offset to AU) and the AU diff. Solve your problem
I'm running hub adapters. Never had any drama with them. I reckon they are great. Opens my options up 10 fold

the problem is solved, i got these rims lol..
soon i may be changing to au offset by buyimg an au.. :)

hub adaptors are fine aslong as there fitted properly, its lust the legality of using them.. but for me its best i keep the car as legal as possible..

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:43 am 

NSW, Australia

EDXR6-Poly wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
lol, there light but not that light..lol... although it was fairly hard to find rims with a decent dish to suit e series offset in 18"..

True Troy, I just ordered my 18x8.5" wheels from the states, they are LAVINHARD 812 heres a pic

Just so I dont have to run spacers, were $1700 delivered from the USA with tires

when i was looking not many wheel shops had e series offset, most just said to run adaptors, when i said "not an option" they said they cant help me unless i want custom 20's in a tone like they couldnt give a s**t..
the only other store local that had e series rims in stock was ozzy tyres, although there in stock range was not what i was after..
i ended up contacting koya direct and they put me onto there wholesaler so i could view the rims personally..

i found it hard to judge the looks of the rims just by the pics. to be honest when i first seen catalogue pics of my rims i wasnt overly keen untill i seen them in person..

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:50 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
bng wrote:
I think you need big brakes (that change the offset to AU) and the AU diff. Solve your problem
I'm running hub adapters. Never had any drama with them. I reckon they are great. Opens my options up 10 fold

the problem is solved, i got these rims lol..
soon i may be changing to au offset by buyimg an au.. :)

hub adaptors are fine aslong as there fitted properly, its lust the legality of using them.. but for me its best i keep the car as legal as possible..

My ones are machined to my rims. Paid extra for good hub adapters. Only problem is that each wheel has 10 nuts instead of 5. Oh well

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:47 pm 

NSW, Australia

I decided to get under the car today for a bit of random maintanance to find it has cancer. :( , passenger side inner sill has rust...
it started out as what looked like a hole the size of a 5c piece..
a little disheartening but i continued on cuting it out, its now like this...

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ouch

Not good

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 pm 

NSW, Australia

i think the otherside is on its way aswell, there is slight bulging on the drivers side but no hole yet..
i guess its getting old, so its to be expected at some stage.. :(

i might be better off fixing it just to get another year or 2 out of it...

as my arc welder died and the one i had one i borrowed off a mate has been returned, im looking at buying a gasless mig to fix it and for a few other welding projects..
i guess its still cheaper then buying another car lol...

anyone that has gasless mix experience, would a 150 amp gasless mig be enough to do the job and any other small projets welding up to 3-5mm??

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Gasless in my opinion is s**t. The welds splatter too much and go too hard and lumpy. But I might of just f**k up.
It isnt much more to get a gas MIG and they do a better job. It just is a pain in the a*** to weld outside on a windy day with them.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:12 pm 

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Gasless in my opinion is s**t. The welds splatter too much and go too hard and lumpy. But I might of just f**k up.
It isnt much more to get a gas MIG and they do a better job. It just is a pain in the a*** to weld outside on a windy day with them.

i figured gasless for convenience, ive welded with a gas mig, arc welder but never tried gasless...

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

i have a little 100amp gasless mig for doing little jobs but it doesnt have enough for the bigger stuff and just sits on top and doesnt penetrate enough so just use it to tack up and use the migs at work or just do the job at work even better lol..

phill

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

s**t news dude. Good luck in sorting it out.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

NSW, Australia

My s**t little 120amp gasless works great. Just gotta get the settings perfect on it before you go off welding. I have knocked up quite a few little brackets and frames and stuff with it very easily. Eleventy thousand times easier than my 15 year old arc welder! Unless you're doing some hefty work i dont think you would need a gas mig. Expensive and big to move around compared to what you want to do with it.

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

i got a 200 amp ac/dc tig of ebay for $600

its a plasma/arc/tig .

dc arc is good for exhaust, welded my stainless flanges onto a hi flow cat, also welded aluminum and stainless with the tig , and cut aluminum and stainless with the plasma. goes great

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200AMP-AC-DC ... 683wt_1139

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
anyone that has gasless mix experience, would a 150 amp gasless mig be enough to do the job and any other small projets welding up to 3-5mm??

I have a Gas/Gasless unit and you will find that 150amp will be heaps for the job Troy. 3-5mm with no issues. Gas is better weld finish but if you set everything right the gasless will do a good job, just a little more clean up as Matt has stated. Gasless is great for outside on a breezy day. :D . Offer of help still applies if you want, I can bring my unit if you wish. You can borrow it if you want to do it in your own time.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
i got a 200 amp ac/dc tig of ebay for $600

its a plasma/arc/tig .

dc arc is good for exhaust, welded my stainless flanges onto a hi flow cat, also welded aluminum and stainless with the tig , and cut aluminum and stainless with the plasma. goes great

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200AMP-AC-DC ... 683wt_1139

Looks pretty f**k good for $600!!
Good pick up corey! How does it go depth-wise? Does it penetrate well?

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Sort by  
 Page 43 of 69  [ 1031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 69  Next